We sprout and grow and stretch, gaining more ground and claiming more space on some days more than others. We wish to be better, to see clearer, to have more strength, to connect. We hold these wishes in our heart and then when the feelings overwhelm us, we blow them into the sky to be carried away by favorable breezes. Evidence of these wishes can be found whenever you look for the magical and this weed has managed to catch one, even with the shortened grasp of its stubble.
This weed loving gal has been nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” and my weeds and I are very proud to be honored by Jane Tims. When we reach up high there is a chance that we can launch our secret wishes so that they come true! Thank you weeds for opening my eyes, and thank you Jane, for nominating me for this award!
Please check out Jane’s blog at: www.nichepoetryandprose.wordpress.com. Jane has a talent for poetry, an eye for photographing the natural world and she researches her subjects to back it up. I highly recommend getting a dose of inspiration from her blog!
Here are the rules for accepting the award… I must reveal seven possibly unknown things about myself…I must recommend fifteen or so bloggers I admire, and contact them to let them know they’ve been nominated, and provide a link to their blog….
Seven possibly unknown things about myself:
1. My first career aspiration was to be a paleontologist.
2. My ideal vacation would be to go on a dig for fossils.
3. I once had a parakeet named Alfie, so named after my favorite poem, “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” written by T.S. Eliot in 1920.
4. I learned Latin in grade school, and I am very proud of that accomplishment.
5. I have seen ghosts twice in my life.
6. My first role in a feature required that I wore curlers in my hair. I was devastated.
7. The smell of night blooming jasmine fills me up and satisfies my hunger
Here are the wonderful blogs I’d like to nominate and I hope you give them a chance to enhance your day.
Thank you again for the visions and thoughts that all these blogs have brought to me. I hope you will enjoy them as well.
Please come back tomorrow for a new “Weed Image of the Day” and let me know which ones you like. We and our weeds are so much more than what we first appear to be.